(Published February, 2015)
The authoritative state for any known issue can be found in GitHub issues.
- ztps --validate validates:
- neighbordb syntax and patterns
- resource files syntax
- definition files syntax
- pattern files syntax
$ ztps --validate Validating neighbordb ('/usr/share/ztpserver/neighbordb')... 2015-01-13 18:03:55,006:ERROR:[validators:111] N/A: PatternValidator validation error: missing attribute: definition 2015-01-13 18:03:55,006:ERROR:[validators:111] N/A: NeighbordbValidator validation error: invalid patterns: set([(0, 's7151')]) ERROR: Failed to validate neighbordb patterns Invalid Patterns (count: 1) ---------------------------  s7151 Validating definitions... Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/definitions/leaf.definition... Ok! Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/definitions/leaf-no_vars.definition... Ok! Validating resources... Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/resources/leaf_man_ip... Ok! Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/resources/leaf_spine_ip... ERROR: Failed to validate /usr/share/ztpserver/resources/leaf_spine_ip validator: unable to deserialize YAML data: 10.0.0.51/24: null 10.0.0.53/24: null dfdsf dsfsd 10.0.0.54/24: JPE14140273 Error: while scanning a simple key in "<string>", line 3, column 1: dfdsf dsfsd could not found expected ':' in "<string>", line 5, column 1: 10.0.0.54/24: JPE14140273 ^ Validating nodes... Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/nodes/JAS12170010/definition... Ok! Validating /usr/share/ztpserver/nodes/JAS12170010/pattern... Ok!
- run_bash_script action allows users to run bash scripts during the bootstrap process
- run_cli_commands action allows users to run CLI commands during the bootstrap process
- config-handlers can be used in order to trigger scripts on the server on PUT startup-config request completion
- The auto replace_config action which is added to the definition whenever a startup-config file is present in a node’s folder is now the first action in the definition which is sent to the client. This enables performing configuration updates during ZTR (Zero Touch Replacement) via ‘always_execute’ add_config actions in the definition file. One particularly interesting use-case is replacing one node with another one of a different model.
- ztps --clear-resources clears all resource allocations
- server-side logs are timestamped by default
- ZTP Server shows running version on-startup
# ztps 2015-02-09 16:50:35,922:INFO:[app:121] Starting ZTPServer v1.3.0... ...
- upgrades/downgrades to/from v1.3+ will preserve the configuration files
- ztpserver.conf, ztpserver.wsgi, bootstrap.conf and neighbordb are preserved (new default files are installed under <filename>.new)
- all definitions, config-handlers, files, node folder, resources and files are preserved
- bootstrap file, actions and libraries are always overwritten
- bootstrap.conf now supports specifying empty config sections:
logging: ... xmpp:
logging: xmpp: ...