ZTPServer provides a bootstrap environment for Arista EOS based products. It is written mostly in Python and leverages standard protocols like DHCP (for boot functions), HTTP (for bi-directional transport), XMPP and syslog (for logging). Most of the configuration files are YAML based.
This open source project is maintained by the Arista Networks EOS+ services organization.
- Extends the basic capability of EOS’s zero-touch provisioning feature in order to allow more robust provisioning activities
- Is extensible, for easy integration into various network environments
- Can be run natively in EOS or any Linux server
- Arista EOS+ led community open source project
- Dynamic startup-config generation and automatic install
- Image and file system validation and standardization
- Connectivity validation and topology based auto-provisioning
- Config and device templates with dynamic resource allocation
- Zero-touch replacement and upgrade capabilities
- User extensible actions
- Email, XMPP, syslog based